cvs

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема cvs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
What is the policy for getting cvs access? The translation work
would be so much easier of one could get permission to update
the po files directly. For example, the pg_dump file now got one
string that is not updated, to fix that I have to perfom this steps:

fetch file (cvs co or other method)
update the string
create diff, or in the case of po-files it's often easier to just            send the whole thing since there are a lot
ofstupid line            numbers that have always changed making patches big anyway.

write mail and attach file
while(!commited) { check for commit and poke commiter if needed }

My prefered way to work is to continiously update the translations when
needed. If someone adds a comma to a string, I have to perform the same
change to the translated string. It has to be an easy task if I'm going to
stay on top of the translation, and not having to spend 3 full days just
before release.

I'd be happy to promise to only update the po-files. Alla commits are
tracable and revertable anyway, so what is the problem?

--
/Dennis