Re: Call for port reports

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Call for port reports
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> > BUT: The default CFLAGS are set by configure to -O2, although the template
> > wants -O.  I manually modified the CFLAGS to -O after configure.
>
> template/alpha has:
>
>     case $host_cpu in
>       alpha*)   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -O";;  # alpha has problems with -O2
>     esac
>
> Is this not getting invoked?

After further consideration, I think that the recent patch series that
tried to centralize the CFLAGS handling in configure should be reverted to
configure.in revision 1.293.  Otherwise, it's much to complicated to
handle all the special cases.  There is, after all, a reason we have been
forced to keep it this way all these years.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net