Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Дата
Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> so it appears that cygwin's "echo" generates a different newline style
> than what got put into sql_features.txt.  A possible way to fix this is
> to put the "\." line into sql_features.txt, but maybe there's a cleaner
> answer.  Peter, any thoughts?

There's no clean answer to this on Cygwin.  This specific case is just a
little problem that we could solve locally, but in general you'll just end
up annoying people if you require them to use consistent line endings on
Cygwin.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net