Re: German translation of PostgreSQL documentation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: German translation of PostgreSQL documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera writes:

> Let me ask again: how did you manage the translation?  What tools did
> you use?

No tools, just a text editor.

> How do you plan to keep the translation up to date?

There are currently no plans to do that.

> I remember the comment about keeping some kind of mark in the translated
> version stating exactly which english version the translation refers to;

Every(?) documentation source file starts with something like this:

<!--
$Header: /cvsroot/pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/spi.sgml,v 1.27 2003/08/31 17:32:20 petere Exp $
-->

You could change this to something like

<!--
translation Header: /cvsroot/pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/spi.sgml,v 1.27 2003/08/31 17:32:20 petere Exp $
-->

to keep track of the version that it was based on (and add your own CVS
header if you like).  If you later want to update, you can look at a CVS
diff between that version and current and make adjustments.

I'm not aware of any magic available to simplify this task much.  In the
end, you have to type everything yourself any way.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net