German translation of PostgreSQL documentation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема German translation of PostgreSQL documentation
Дата
Re: German translation of PostgreSQL documentation  (Francois Suter <dba@paragraf.ch>)
Список pgsql-general
Greetings.

The official PostgreSQL documentation has been translated to German and
has been published as a book by verlag moderne industrie/mitp
("PostgreSQL: Das offizielle Handbuch", ISBN 3-8266-1337-6, see
<http://www.mitp.de/vmi/mitp/detail/pWert/1337>).  I am the translator of
this work, but let me assure you I don't get any additional money
depending on how much it sells.  On the other hand, the publisher has
assured me that a certain percentage of the revenue will be donated to the
PostgreSQL project (in a manner to be decided).

Even those who are for various obvious reasons not interested in a German
language book might like to know that a lot of the editorial work that has
been done in the context of this project has been fed back into the
English original and will become public as part of the upcoming PostgreSQL
7.4 release.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net