Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Well, the files are in there now --- I might as well just leave them so
> they don't have to go through that.  This MinGW environment is much more
> limited than a Unix environment --- no bison, flex, cvs, or perl.

The whole MinGW thing is overhyped.  Install Cygwin and specify gcc
-mno-cygwin when you compile.  That gets you the same compilation
environment that MinGW provides, but you can use all the Unix tools.

> Once people are invested in the port, I think they will install those
> tools, but I like to make the getting-started easier.

Yeah, but if there is supposedly no cvs available in that environment,
what is the point of this exercise?  They're going to have to download a
pre-cooked tarball anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net