Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Дата
Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-committers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Well, the files are in there now --- I might as well just leave them so
> > they don't have to go through that.  This MinGW environment is much more
> > limited than a Unix environment --- no bison, flex, cvs, or perl.
>
> The whole MinGW thing is overhyped.  Install Cygwin and specify gcc
> -mno-cygwin when you compile.  That gets you the same compilation
> environment that MinGW provides, but you can use all the Unix tools.

But we still need to do the work of getting this to work without
compatiblity libraries.  It is try Cygwin has a nice development
environment too.

> > Once people are invested in the port, I think they will install those
> > tools, but I like to make the getting-started easier.
>
> Yeah, but if there is supposedly no cvs available in that environment,
> what is the point of this exercise?  They're going to have to download a
> pre-cooked tarball anyway.

True.  They could CVS from somewhere else and copy it to Win32, but they
would need flex/bison on Win32 for the compile.  It just seemed two less
things for people to do.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...