Re: Using the /var/lib/pgsql/data directory in the absense

От A.Bhuvaneswaran
Тема Re: Using the /var/lib/pgsql/data directory in the absense
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Whatever version of postgresql you WERE running is the same version you
> now need to BE running.  I.e. if you were running 7.3.x, you should
> download 7.3.3 (or 7.3.4 if it's ready to go yet) and use THAT to get your
> database up and running.  Postgresql won't run databases from different
> major versions.

If i am right, Srinivas Kotapally is mentioning about redhat version 7.3,
not postgresql version.

Srinivas:

IMO, if the postgresql version(7.2.1-5) installed on redhat 7.3 and 8.0
are same, you must be able to access the db without any problem in either
redhat versions. Don't try initdb. Try pg_ctl start as postgres user on
the same data directory with -l option and get back with the error message
it returns. Also ensure the data directory is owned by postgres user.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran