Re: [HACKERS] PlPython

От Kevin Jacobs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PlPython
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 30 Jun 2003, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Tom Lane kirjutas E, 30.06.2003 kell 01:21:
> > Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> > > The version with patch which removes RExec (as Python 2.x is not
> > > supporting it ) is the right thoing to do FOR PYTHON 2.X, but there is
> > > no reason to remove safe execution when using python 1.5.x.
> >
> > Who's still using 1.5, I guess is the question?  And are they likely
> > to be updating their PG installation when they're not updating Python?
>
> Python is designed such that one can install and use different versions
> in parallel - for example the deafult directopries for libraries are
> /usr/lib/python1.5/ and /usr/lib/python2.2/ if you have installed python
> 1.5.x and 2.2.x, also executables are python2, python2.2 and python1.5,
> with plain python being a link to one of these.
>
> I guess that anyone who needs safe Restricted Execution will be using
> 1.5 at least for that purpose until RExec is fixed in 2.x.

Unless a someone steps forward to actively maintain such a configuration,
then trusted PlPython is not going to exist anymore.  The cost of getting
even the most minute detail wrong is just too high tobe left to chance.

-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (216) 986-0710 x 19         E-mail: jacobs@theopalgroup.com
Fax:   (216) 986-0714              WWW:    http://www.theopalgroup.com