Re: [HACKERS] PlPython

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PlPython
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane kirjutas E, 30.06.2003 kell 01:21:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> > The version with patch which removes RExec (as Python 2.x is not
> > supporting it ) is the right thoing to do FOR PYTHON 2.X, but there is
> > no reason to remove safe execution when using python 1.5.x.
>
> Who's still using 1.5, I guess is the question?  And are they likely
> to be updating their PG installation when they're not updating Python?

Python is designed such that one can install and use different versions
in parallel - for example the deafult directopries for libraries are
/usr/lib/python1.5/ and /usr/lib/python2.2/ if you have installed python
1.5.x and 2.2.x, also executables are python2, python2.2 and python1.5,
with plain python being a link to one of these.

I guess that anyone who needs safe Restricted Execution will be using
1.5 at least for that purpose until RExec is fixed in 2.x.

Hannu