Re: locale support

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: locale support
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jodi Kanter writes:

> We originally changed the development machine from en_US to C because we
> were having a problem with spaces being sorted in correctly. That has
> been fixed on the development box, but I now noticed it is sorting lower
> case letters after all capital letters. I would prefer that case is
> ignored when alphabetical sorts are completed. This type of sort is
> working correctly on the machine where both locales are set to en_US.

"C" gives you byte sort order (which happens to come out A..Za..z), en_US
(or any other "real" locale) gives you a more natural order that matches
what a typical dictionary would use.  If you have very particular
requirements, you can try to create your own locales.  Most modern
operating systems have support for that.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net