Re: pg_dump --> restore loses constraints/triggers?

От Christopher Murtagh
Тема Re: pg_dump --> restore loses constraints/triggers?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>Which pg_dump did you use?  I think 7.3's pg_dump would translate the 7.1
>trigger-based representation correctly, but 7.1's wouldn't know any
>better than to emit CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER commands.
>
>(But as far as I know, the constraint triggers ought to *work*, they
>just won't look pretty.  Please define "broken".)

 Thanks for the speedy reply Tom. I used 7.1 pg_dump, and unfortunately,
the server isn't running anymore. When I said 'broken' I really meant that
they weren't there - no constraints, and neither were any corresponding
CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGERs.

 We use Postgres (and really *love* it) as part of our home-grown central
web system (www.mcgill.ca), and it is constantly evolving. The switchover
happened 10 days ago, and I suspect it would be more work to try to sync
the changes than to re-create foreign key constraints.

 Thanks again.

Cheers,

Chris

--