Re: pg_dump --> restore loses constraints/triggers?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump --> restore loses constraints/triggers?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Christopher Murtagh <christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca> writes:
>  We've seem to come into a problem with some of our referential integrity
> checks, and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

>  To upgrade our DB from 7.1 to 7.3 I did:
>  pg_dump --create dbname > backup_file.sql

Which pg_dump did you use?  I think 7.3's pg_dump would translate the
7.1 trigger-based representation correctly, but 7.1's wouldn't know
any better than to emit CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER commands.

(But as far as I know, the constraint triggers ought to *work*, they
just won't look pretty.  Please define "broken".)

If you still have the 7.1 server running, you can try re-dumping with
the newer pg_dump; otherwise you'll probably want to drop all those
triggers and create foreign key constraints manually :-(.