pg_log: no such file or directory

От Bhuvan A
Тема pg_log: no such file or directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I use postgresql 7.2. Last night i received a strange error and the
postmaster was crashed. It reported
'cannot read block 1470 of pg_log: no such file or directory'.

While googling i found,

"You can change "/\name/" to "/name/" in src/backend/catalog/genbki.sh,
then re-make install in that directory; or just use the latest nightly
snapshot."

But in script src/backend/catalog/genbki.sh, i donot find any string
"/\name/". Rather i find "/ name/" at one instance.

Do i have to make my change here and re-make? Or i have to upgrade to
latest version? In which case i can able to recover my data? How do i
recover my data then? Valuable suggestions are very welcome.

TIA.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran