Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...

От Aaron Mulder
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
    You may be able to configure your app server database pools to
cache PreparedStatements.  Some version of JBoss and WebLogic support
this, at any rate.  The idea is that just like connections aren't really
closed when you call close (just returned to the pool), PSs aren't really
closed when you call close (just kept in a cache for the connection).
This would let you take advantage of server side PSs in an app server
environment.
    The danger is that if each connection has a high PS cache size,
you can run into problems like "too many open cursors" on Oracle (when 50
connections each try to cache 50 PSs or whatever).  I'm not sure whether
PostgreSQL would complain or not.  Does it support multiple open
PreparedStatements per Connection?  And if so, are there any backend
limits to the total number of open server side PSs?

Aaron