Re: pl/pgsql create table

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pl/pgsql create table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian dijo:

> When referencing created/dropped tables in pl/pgsql, use EXECUTE to
> prevent the table oid from being stored in function as precompiled.  It
> is mentioned in the current FAQ.  The solution is for us to
> automatically add EXECUTE somehow.

I don't understand.  I think he is referring to the fact that the
function aborts midway because the DROP TABLE fails and marks the
transaction as failed.  (but I didn't test before posting)

If that's the case, the solution would be to test for existance of the
table before the DROP TABLE statement.

> Masse Jacques wrote:

> > I have an error when tmp don't exist ( "table tmp don't exist" ...)
> >
> > and all is working well when there is a table tmp (no matter the structure
> > of this table, the new table has a structure according to foo)

"La gente vulgar solo piensa en pasar el tiempo;
el que tiene talento, en aprovecharlo"