Re: Upgrading on RH72

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Upgrading on RH72
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Patrick Nelson dijo:

> 3.  Tried rpm -U postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm but it fails with:
>  error: failed dependencies:
>          postgresql = 7.1.3 is needed by postgresql-server-7.1.3-2
> Am I not doing this correctly?

Uh, sorry.  You should upgrade all RPMs at once.  If the packages are
split the same way (meaning, all packages have the same name) the
simplest way should be to do

rpm -F postgresql*
(this will update the currently installed packages).

If not, the easiest is to uninstall
rpm -e postgresql postgresql-server

and then install the new version
rpm -i postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm postgresql-server-7.2.1-blah

There are other games you can play with RPM dependencies, but I will
leave that for you to investigate.

"Crear es tan dificil como ser libre" (Elsa Triolet)