Re: Upgrading on RH72

От Patrick Nelson
Тема Re: Upgrading on RH72
Дата
Re: Upgrading on RH72  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
----------------->>>>
It means you'll have to dump your database using pg_dump (of the 7.1.3
version currently installed), then upgrade (rpm -U postgresql-7.2.1),
then restore the dump (by means of psql < dump, or using pg_restore).
Be sure to read the manpages for pg_dump and pg_restore if you haven't
done so.

BTW, the PGDG RPMs should take care of the upgrading process
automatically, but there are always pitfalls so you may as well be
careful.
----------------->>>>
Sounds good.

1.  I did a pg_dumpall just in case.

2.  Then I got my list of rpms which consist of:
 postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm
 postgresql-contrib-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm
 postgresql-devel-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm
 postgresql-libs-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm
 postgresql-perl-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm
 postgresql-python-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm
 postgresql-server-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm
 postgresql-tcl-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm
 postgresql-tk-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm

3.  Tried rpm -U postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm but it fails with:
 error: failed dependencies:
         postgresql = 7.1.3 is needed by postgresql-server-7.1.3-2
Am I not doing this correctly?