Re: initdb "Fails to initialize lc_time" (using 7.3.1)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: initdb "Fails to initialize lc_time" (using 7.3.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane writes:

> * guc.c's initialization of the LC_foo variables fails; this is harmless
> but produces annoying warnings on stderr.  (I've fixed the misformatting
> of those messages, at least.)  We could perhaps have the init-time
> values be "C" not "", but that would mean lack of localization of some
> startup error messages; I'd rather live with the warnings on
> misconfigured systems than lose functionality on correctly configured
> ones.

I've changed the assignments in main.c for MONETARY, NUMERIC, and TIME to
"C".  This should fix this issue without losing functionality, since we
don't refer to these locales during startup.  (The actual reason for this
change is that of course we want to have these categories set to C later
during backend operation -- see number format thread on -hackers.  So this
should conveniently take care of both.)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net