Re: initdb "Fails to initialize lc_time" (using 7.3.1)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: initdb "Fails to initialize lc_time" (using 7.3.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane writes:

> Even if that means you fail to detect that locale B is broken in some
> way?

We don't pretend to do a thorough check of the locales anyway.  We'd have
to run a full test suite to do that.  Of course, it would be nice to check
whether setlocale() works, but initdb should do that itself then.

> I'm not at all sure I buy this reasoning.  If the user has told us a
> locale to use on the initdb command line, seems to me he wants us to use
> that locale, period.

Think about it this way:  If I'm the admin and a customer tells me to
install a database for him in Greek, which localization would I want for

Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net