Re: Memory usage / concept

От Jakub Ouhrabka
Тема Re: Memory usage / concept
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi,

i think it's your client (psql) what's actually crashing. it's attempting
to load all your rows into memory before displaying them. i'd recommend
using select * from foo order by something limit x offset y or using
cursor. i think there is no use for you to issue query like this...

see:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?queries-limit.html
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?sql-declare.html
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?sql-fetch.html

hope that helps,                     kuba