Re: log sql?

От Laurette Cisneros
Тема Re: log sql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'll try this.  The last time I turned the debugging level up, it
generated massive amounts of info in the log file so I turned it off.  I'll
try this...

Thanks!

L.
On 30 Jul 2002, Robert Treat wrote:

> DEBUG_LEVEL (integer)
>
> The higher this value is set, the more "debugging" output of various
> sorts is generated in the server log during operation. This option is 0
> by default, which means no debugging output. Values up to about 4
> currently make sense.
> DEBUG_PRINT_QUERY (boolean)
> DEBUG_PRINT_PARSE (boolean)
> DEBUG_PRINT_REWRITTEN (boolean)
> DEBUG_PRINT_PLAN (boolean)
> DEBUG_PRETTY_PRINT (boolean)
>
> These flags enable various debugging output to be sent to the server
> log. For each executed query, prints either the query text, the
> resulting parse tree, the query rewriter output, or the execution plan.
> DEBUG_PRETTY_PRINT indents these displays to produce a more readable but
> much longer output format. Setting DEBUG_LEVEL above zero implicitly
> turns on some of these flags.
> --
> I'd recommend debug level 1 and print query true for starters. Also
> remember that excessive debug logging can cause performance issues, so
> keep an eye on things if you crank this up on a production server.
>
> Robert Treat
>
> On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 00:14, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> > > Sort of.  Turn on query logging in the postgresql.conf file, and also
> > > log connections and PID.  Then, you can track back by using the PID,
> > > to discovere who logged in (and therefore, who issued that query).
> >
> > Andrew, what postgresql.conf parameter is query logging.  I don't see
> > it.  I see:
> >
> >     #log_connections = false
> >     #log_timestamp = false
> >     #log_pid = false
> >
> > --
> >   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Laurette Cisneros
The Database Group
(510) 420-3137
NextBus Information Systems, Inc.
www.nextbus.com
"Intelligence complicates. Wisdom simplifies."
  -- Mason Cooley