Re: Postgres user

От Darren Ferguson
Тема Re: Postgres user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You can start postmaster as any under priveledged user.

all you do is start the database server here is what i use in a start up
script as you see i su from root to me then specify the command and any
additional arguments

#!/bin/bash

HOME=/usr/local/pgsql
LOG=$HOME/logs/postgres.log
DATA_DIR=$HOME/db
USER=darren

ulimit -SHc unlimited

su $USER -c "nohup $HOME/bin/postmaster -i -D $DATA_DIR $@ >$LOG 2>&1
</dev/null&"

So as you see you do not need to be root or postgres.

HTH