Re: Postgres user

От Gavin M. Roy
Тема Re: Postgres user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Most installations I've seen have you setup a postgres user.
Potentially this is already setup in redhat as a system account, in
which case, I believe just setting a password for it as root should do
the trick, and let you login.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Varsha Agarwal
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 7:00 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Postgres user

Hi,
I have just installed postgresql on red hat. To use psql command i have
do
su postgres.
But i can only do su postgres when I log on as root. When I logon as
other
user and do su postgres, it asks for password and i dont know what that
is.
Is it always to be run as root only or I can run it as normal user?
-Varsha