Re: Windows - why not?

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: Windows - why not?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Andrea Chiado' Piat wrote:

> I'm not much practical with Linux but reading the characteristics of
> PostGreSql I find it very interesting.
> Why does not exist one official version for windows?

Taken from FAQ :

   The database server can run on Windows NT and Win2k using Cygwin, the
   Cygnus Unix/NT porting library. See pgsql/doc/FAQ_MSWIN in the
   distribution or the MS Windows FAQ on our web site. We have no plan to
   do a native port to any Microsoft platform.

---

However, you could download cygwin from www.cygwin.com; set up an Unix
environment in a windos having NT kernel and then compile PostgreSQL;
which "I" would not offer you to do.

It'll be better for you to get used to Linux...

BEst regards.

--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr