Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От Bradley Baetz
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 Jul 2002, Rod Taylor wrote:

> enum(A,B,C) -> column char(1) check (column IN ('A', 'B', 'C'))

right.

> timestamp?  Output pattern may be different, but PostgreSQL 7.3 will
> accept any timestamp I've thrown at it.  Lots of weird and wonderful
> forms.

I'm referring to the mysql |timestamp| type, which will update that
column's contents to |now()| when any UPDATE is given for that partcular
row, unless the column was assigned to. I don't know how to handle the
last part in a trigger. Bugzilla's use of that feature is more trouble
than its worth, though, because we keep forgetting to stop the update in
places where it should be, and there are plans to remove it anyway.

> REPLACE INTO:  Have an ON INSERT TRIGGER on all tables which will update
> a row if the primary key already exists -- or catch an INSERT error and
> try an update instead.

BZ uses REPLACE in 4 places, and 3 of those check for the row existing
immediately before. :)

These are bugzilla problems, not postgres ones, though.

Bradley

Сообщение: Re: Should this require CASCADE?
Сообщение: Re: Should this require CASCADE?