Re: measure of JDBC performances

От Auri Mason
Тема Re: measure of JDBC performances
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Peter,

The Java server tier is running on P4 1900MHz 512MB and access via JDBC to
a DB that could be:
- PostgreSQL 7.2 - RH 7.2 (running on Celeron 733, 256MB)
- MS SQL 2000 SP2 - Win NT4 SP6 (running on a clone machine as Postgres,
same proc, same memory, same monitor! ;P )

The client is running on another machine, always the same for both MS SQL
and PostgreSQL tests (another clone of DBs machines).

Was the idea to measure the execution time with psql and via JDBC wrong?

Auri

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Kovács Péter wrote:

> Given that PostgreSQL is running on Linux, I presume that the MS SQL Server
> is running on another machine. Could you describe the two machines
> (processor power, amount of main memory)? Where is your client? On a third
> machine?
>
> Peter

Сообщение: Re: measure of JDBC performances
Сообщение: Re: measure of JDBC performances