Re: How to move data from 1 database to another?

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: How to move data from 1 database to another?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 11 May 2004, Thomas LeBlanc wrote:

> I have 2 databases. I want to move data from table table1 in database db1 to
> table2 in db2.
>
> When I query 1 table from another database, I get a cross-database
> references are not implemented.
>
> server1% psql db1
> emdata=# select * from db2.public.table1;
> ERROR:  Cross-database references are not implemented
>

> What can I do to get the data into another database?

You can usually use pg_dump to accomplish such tasks.  It's not something
likely to be implemented any time soon now that schemas have been
implemented.  If you have no great reason to have two seperate databases
versus two schemas, you may want to investigate using schemas in the
future.

For now, you can do something like:

pg_dump -d db1 -t table1 |psql db2

then psql and do

insert into table2 (select * from table1);