Re: Any Tips or Tricks?

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Any Tips or Tricks?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

> I'm new to PostgreSQL and I was wondering if there were any tips or tricks
> to admining a postgre db and if there are any tools like phpmyadmin for
> postgre.

My biggest tips would be:

Get to know psql.  The postgresql monitor, with history, tab completion,
and syntax diagrams built right in is often the most overlooked tool in
the box because it isn't a GUI.  It might not be point and click but it is
rich in capability, and pretty easy to use.

The second would be to search the archives of the mailing lists, as the pg
community is one of the best online mailing list communities I've ever
dealt with.  most questions are already answered somewhere in here, if you
just use the right keywords to find it.

The last tip would be "don't be afraid to ask questions."   People here
hardly ever bite.  :-)