Re: Raw devices vs. Filesystems

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Raw devices vs. Filesystems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Note that the innefficiency could well lie with Informix's file system
interfacing as easily as it could lie with the operating system.  Do they
charge extra for being able to access raw devices or somehow make more
money by supporting them?  If so, there could be a clear business case for
lots of uwaits() in the code path that handles file systems.

I'm just saying it's a possibility.

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Gregory S. Williamson wrote:

> Remarkable, perhaps, to you. Not in the Informix world. But irrelevant to postgres, no ?

Сообщение: Re: Raw devices vs. Filesystems
Сообщение: Re: Raw devices vs. Filesystems