Re: Do Petabyte storage solutions exist?

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Do Petabyte storage solutions exist?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Tony and Bryn Reina wrote:

>  let alone the storate limit of 2GB per
> > table. So sadly, PG would have to bow out of this IMHO unless someone
> > else nukes me on this!
> >

> I just checked the PostgreSQL website and it says that tables are limited to
> 16 TB not 2 GB.

Actually, it's 32 TB, which can be quadrupled by increasing the block size
to 32k, the maximum allowed, which would make the maximum table size 128
TB.

I just saw your response before firing off my previous messages.
Apologies if I came off harsh, but I've heard people at my office saying
similar things because they "heard it on the mailing lists" so it much be
true.