Re: Upgrading

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Upgrading
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Indibil wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have a PostgreSQL 7.2.2 running in a Linux Mandrake 8.2 Server.
> I want to upgrade to PostgreSQL 7.3
> I would like to accomplish this by installing  fit rpm packages, because my
> linux skills are limited.
> However, there aren't any packages of PostgreSQL 7.3 for Mandrake 8.2
> I must be careful because the database is in a production environment.
> What would be the best way to upgrade?

Unless there is a known problem for you with 7.4, I'd recommend upgrading
to that.  7.4.2 is due out soon (today or something like it) and it is
a much easier upgrade than 7.2 to 7.3 was.

You might want to upgrade to 7.2.5 first though, as there were some issues
with early 7.2s upgrading to 7.4 I remember running into.

I don';t use RPMs for postgresql, so I'm not much help there.