Re: FATAL 2: (pg_clog ... no such file or directory)

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: FATAL 2: (pg_clog ... no such file or directory)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> kaolin fire <cognosco@tentacle.net> writes:
> > Where would I go to start tracking down recurring error messages of the
> > sort:
>
> > FATAL 2:  open of /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/06F7 failed: No such
> > file or directory
> > FATAL 2:  open of /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0707 failed: No such
> > file or directory
>
> > 06F7 and 0707 do not exist.  Currently just looks like it goes from
> > 0000 (May 14 2002) to 004F (Feb 6 2004, and counting).
>
> Given those facts, you have corrupt data --- specifically, a wildly
> out-of-range transaction number in some tuple header, causing the tuple
> validity checker to try to fetch a nonexistent page of the CLOG.  The
> odds are good that the corruption extends further than just the one
> field; that just happens to be the one that gets checked first.
>
> There are discussions in the mailing list archives about how to locate
> and clean up corrupted data.  It's a pretty messy process but you can
> usually get back everything except the rows on the particular corrupted
> page (I'm optimistically assuming there's only one).  Looking for
> threads mentioning pg_filedump might be the quickest way to find info.

And don't forget, if you've gotten corrupt data, you need to check all
your hardware thoroughly.  A single bad bit in memory can play more havoc
with your system than almost anything else, because it will fail just
often enough to cause problems, but seldom enough to be very hard to find.