Re: Connection Time

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Connection Time
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Martin Jung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> using postgres for a long time I noticed an incompatibility after an upgrade
> to a newer version of java.
> I wrote a small test class (test.java, see attachment) to try my local
> database installation.

You have not actually attached your test.  I don't expect to find anything
terribly interesting in there, but it would be good to rule that out as
the source of the problem.

> Operating system is SuSE Linux 9.0 on an i568 machine.
> Is this a known problem? Can I solve this by using some upgrade? I would like
> to continue using postgres, but I and my customers need the latest version of
> java. The three minute delay in connecting is hardly tolerable.

I find it hard to believe that this is a pg problem as I regularly use the
1.4 jvm as do many others on the list.  Long connnection times are often
the result of a misconfigured dns setup.

Kris Jurka