Re: jdbc pooling question

От Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes
Тема Re: jdbc pooling question
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

> I posed a similar question to the forum a couple of weeks back and got
> no answer. I have similar problems, but my biggest bugbear is the fact
> that the Jdbc3PoolingDataSource (I use the JDBC3 drivers) does not throw
> any timeout exception if you use getConnection() and there are no

Yes. That's exactly what we found here. If there are no connections
available, the getConnection will wait, wait and wait. The caller
class has no way to set a timeout...

> available connections in the pool. The reason why there are no
> connections left in the pool is a matter I need to investigate further,
> but I could be experiencing a similar problem to you.

I double checked the code and found a couple places where we did the
following:

 if (statement != null) statement.close();
 if (connection != null) connection.close();

but the ResultSet wasn't closed. This left me wandering if an opened
resultset could be the leak source.