Re: Value of Quad vs. Dual Processor machine

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Value of Quad vs. Dual Processor machine
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
As another post pointed out, you need to set cflags to get optimization
under Solaris on that flavor of Postgresql.

Also, Postgresql tends to get its best performance from the free unixes,
Linux and BSD.  those are available for Sun Sparcs, but postgresql in 64
bit mode on those boxes is still a bit cutting edge.

It might be worth a try to set up the sun to dual boot to either BSD or
Linux and test Postgresql under that environment to see how it works and
compare it to Sun after you've set the cflags and recompiled.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Chris Field wrote:

> we are looking at Xeon, We are currently running it on a quad sun v880
> compiled to be 64bit and have been getting dreadful performance.  I don't
> think we really have much to gain from going 64bit.

Сообщение: Re: Seeking help with a query that takes too long
Сообщение: Re: Seeking help with a query that takes too long