Re: feature request: show pgsql version when running initdb

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: feature request: show pgsql version when running initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> >>Is there any chance we could have initdb show the version of postgresql
> >>it is running as when initdb is run?
> >

> > If you install many different versions in parallel, don't you give your
> > installation paths some meaning that contain the version number?  In any
> > case, you can run initdb --version first if you're not sure about what is
> > where.
>
> Yes I do, but sometimes as different users you don't know what the path
> is.  I guess I can just go --version.

Anytime I'm running multple versions on the same box, I install them to
paths like /usr/local/pgsql72 and create a user like pgsql72 and then set
it so the path for that use is /usr/local/pgsql72/bin.

that way, just looking at the command prompt I know which version /
superuser I'm playing with.  Plus, no matter how badly I try to screw up,
pgsql72 doen't have permission to initdb pgsql73's $PGDATA directory.

Сообщение: Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.
Сообщение: Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.