Re: Idea for improving speed of pg_restore

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Idea for improving speed of pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:
>
> > Not so sure on whether the foot gun is a good idea.  We already have .22
> > calibre foot gun (fsync) that makes for pretty big improvements in load
> > speed, and we see people all the time on General and Performance running
> > production servers with it turned off.  You know as well as I do the
> > second we make WAL optional, some people are gonna start running
> > production servers with it.
>
> it shouldn't be too difficult to put some sort of restrictions on its
> usual ... say if WAL disabled, max connections == 2? :)

Even better, restrict logins to superuser only, that way we could still
have more than 2 things happening (think of a machine with a huge number
of disks in a RAID array kinda thing) or only updateable / writeable by
the superuser when in non-WAL mode.

Сообщение: Re: Idea for improving speed of pg_restore
Сообщение: Re: Idea for improving speed of pg_restore