Re: Cross-DB linking?

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Cross-DB linking?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You might want to consider using schemas to accomplish some of this.

You can backup individual schemas as of 7.4 (maybe 7.3, but I've not used
it in production, waiting for 7.4 to upgrade from 7.2)

performance will almost certainly suffer if you are doing cross db work,
so schemas help there.

I've never had any stability issues with Postgresql, and certainly not
from having everything in one database.

Other than the ability to spread your load across multiple machines,
7.3/7.4 and schemas should address all your concerns.

And no, you can't fk across databases.  You can get some primitive (but
quite functional) cross database action with the contrib/dblink package.