Re: FATAL 2: open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0EE3

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: FATAL 2: open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0EE3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Dmitry Tkach wrote:

> Hi, everybody!
>
> I was getting these errors (see subject) from time to time on 7.2.1 when
> trying to analyze tables... trying to repeat the statament would usually
> work....
> I then saw somebody else post in the list, mentioning the same problem,
> and Tom Lane's reply to it suggesting to upgrade to 7.2.4, where that
> was supposedly fixed.
>
> I have upgraded recently, and got the same problem again yesterday... It
> seems to have become even worse, as it was happenning consistently, even
> when I tried to repeat the query (with 7.2.1, the second time always
> used to work, as far as I remember)... it seems to have went away after
> I have restarted the server manually...
>
> Was I wrong deducing the assumption that it should be fixed in 7.2.4
> from that Tom's message?
> Or is this news to you guys too?
>
> Any idea what is causing this, and/or how it can be avoided?

did you dump and reload your database?  It may well be that 7.2.1 planted
logic bombs in the base directory that 7.2.4 can't fix now.  I.e. some
data structure got munged and now 7.2.4 is busy complaining about it.

Сообщение: Re: Urgent: 10K or more connections
Сообщение: Re: Urgent: 10K or more connections