FATAL 2: open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0EE3 failed: No such file or directory

От Dmitry Tkach
Тема FATAL 2: open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0EE3 failed: No such file or directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, everybody!

I was getting these errors (see subject) from time to time on 7.2.1 when
trying to analyze tables... trying to repeat the statament would usually
work....
I then saw somebody else post in the list, mentioning the same problem,
and Tom Lane's reply to it suggesting to upgrade to 7.2.4, where that
was supposedly fixed.

I have upgraded recently, and got the same problem again yesterday... It
seems to have become even worse, as it was happenning consistently, even
when I tried to repeat the query (with 7.2.1, the second time always
used to work, as far as I remember)... it seems to have went away after
I have restarted the server manually...

Was I wrong deducing the assumption that it should be fixed in 7.2.4
from that Tom's message?
Or is this news to you guys too?

Any idea what is causing this, and/or how it can be avoided?

Thanks a lot!

Dima