Re: Error message using pg_dump with tar format

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Error message using pg_dump with tar format
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Nick Fankhauser wrote:

> > Are you sure you're not running:
> >
> > pg_dump -Ft prod > prod.dump.tar
>
> You are correct- I mis-typed the command in my message.
>

> > Maybe a file size limit on that box is being hit?
>
> No, the text dump is creating a larger file successfully, so I don't think
> that is the cause. There's plenty of disk space, and the file is well under
> 1GB when the dump quits. The file size limit on the OS is 2GB in our case.
>
> Thanks for the correction & idea.

Make sure you're not hitting any quote limits.  Try just writing a file
(i.e. dd if=/dev/zero of=/backupdir/filename blocks=5000000 or something
like that.

Try backing up to /dev/null and see if you get the same error.

Сообщение: Re: Error message using pg_dump with tar format
Сообщение: Re: Error message using pg_dump with tar format