Re: tweaking PG and "machine health".

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: tweaking PG and "machine health".
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Maksim Likharev wrote:

> I guess this too common question, but ....
> Is there any common denominator for performance tweaking, like
> if you have so much memory do so, so much connection other..
> Or even like prepackaged postgresql.conf file for small, medium or big
> machine.

There has been some discussion about including a standard set of
postgresql.conf files based on type of workload (data warehouse, high
conccurrent transactions, workstation, workgroup, intranet, etc...) but
right now it's just been that.

The starting point is to read the docs in the admin guide under server
run-time environment first:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=runtime-config.html