Re: RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Bruno BAGUETTE wrote:

> > > It looks like the PostgreSQL system tables are corrupted...
> > >
> > > Any idea to fix that problem ?
> >
> > Can you recover from backups?
>
> In fact, it seems that there is no backup of this DB, but I've noticed
> when I make a vacuumdb on the database, I see all the tables names that
> appears on the vacuumdb output (verbose mode)...
>
> But, after that vacuumdb, if I connect using psql to the database and
> making \d, I'm still having the same error message : "Couldn't find any
> tables, sequences or indices!".
>
> Do you think that all the data is lost ?
>
> > You really should upgrade to either 7.2.4 or 7.3.3.
>
> If I success to recover theses datas, I will move them to a 7.3.3
> database. In all case, I will urge the system administrator to install
> the 7.3.3 PostgreSQL version.

Have you tried something like 'select * from someknowntable' to see if
that works?  If so, then it could just be something wrong with the
descriptions of the tables, but the tables are still there.

I can almost remember what running 6.5.3 was like back in the day, but my
memory of that version is fading fast.

FYI Right now the postgresql developers are busily rushing to complete
their code changes for the 7.4 code freeze / beta test, so you might want
to wait til after july 1 and ask again.