Re: [URGENT] Problems recovering database

От Bruno Mattarollo
Тема Re: [URGENT] Problems recovering database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Tom,

Thank you for this. Setting the transaction ID higher worked to allow me
to connect to the database but when I issue:

cybercentre=# select count(*) from users;
ERROR:  XLogFlush: request 10/B7E93FCC is not satisfied --- flushed only
to 0/4000050

I get that error. Any idea? Should I just set the transaction ID even
higher? I have no idea what this error means ...

Thanks in advance,

/B

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bruno Mattarollo <bruno@web1.greenpeace.org> writes:
> > Thanks for the tip. It worked to start the DB but when I issue:
> > psql -l
> > I can't see my databases :(
>
> You need to set the next transaction ID higher (pg_resetxlog -x).
> I'd try 2 billion (2000000000) for starters.
>
> You should probably also be setting the WAL start location (-l)
> somewhere past the evidently-already-existing segments ("-l 2,0"
> should do, I think).
>
> Needless to say, initdb and reload as soon as you have managed to
> get a good dump.
>
>             regards, tom lane

--- Bruno Mattarollo <bruno@web1.greenpeace.org> ---
    SysAdmin & TechLead - Greenpeace International
    http://www.greenpeace.org/

Сообщение: Re: [URGENT] Problems recovering database
Сообщение: Re: [URGENT] Problems recovering database