Re: How to hook up Access to Postgres?

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: How to hook up Access to Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Go to http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php to get
the latest odbc driver for Windows.  It's pretty easy, I hook folks up to
postgresql via ODBC all the time.

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Scott Chapman wrote:

> My Access database programmer is interested in hooking it up to Postgresql!
>
> I haven't done anything with ODBC.  I assume it's needed to do this?
> I'd appreciate some directions as to what is required to make this connection.
> He knows nothing about Unix and I know next to nothing about Access so it
> should be an interesting "meeting of the minds".

If postgresql was built with the --enable-odbc switch, you're done the on
the postgresql end.  'pg_config --configure' will tell you if it was.  If
it wasn't, you may need to rebuild postgresql to get it working.

He shouldn't have to do anything else on the Unix side, all the rest of
the configuration is handled in windows / odbc.