Re: Proposal of hierarchical queries, a la Oracle

От Evgen Potemkin
Тема Re: Proposal of hierarchical queries, a la Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Joe,

i've made it already,as send first 'Proposal ...' message,but found a small bug. within nearest days i'll fix it, and
postthe patch

to pgsql-patches.
i've described why i can't use connectby() in message to Josh Berkus.
i'll enhance CONNECT BY as clause, but not as function. i think it's more
'right' approach to make it:)

regards,

---
.evgen

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Joe Conway wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Evgren,
> >

> >>I want to propose the patch for adding the hierarchical queries
> >>posibility.
> >>It allows to construct queries a la Oracle for ex:
> >>SELECT a,b FROM t CONNECT BY a PRIOR b START WITH cond;
> >

> > You'll be thrilled to know that this has already been implemented in
> > PostgreSQL 7.3, as a /contrib module, by Joe Conway.
> >
> I have it on my personal TODO to approach this for 7.4, but I'll be happy to
> focus on other things if you'd like to take this on. The connectby() function
> in contrib/tablefunc could be a good starting point for you.
>
> Joe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Proposal of hierarchical queries, a la Oracle
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of hierarchical queries, a la Oracle