Re: Proposal of hierarchical queries, a la Oracle

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Proposal of hierarchical queries, a la Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Evgren,
>

>>I want to propose the patch for adding the hierarchical queries
>>posibility.
>>It allows to construct queries a la Oracle for ex:
>>SELECT a,b FROM t CONNECT BY a PRIOR b START WITH cond;
>

> You'll be thrilled to know that this has already been implemented in
> PostgreSQL 7.3, as a /contrib module, by Joe Conway.
>
> Download 7.3b5 now if you can't wait; Joe would like more people to
> test his module, anyway.

I have it on my personal TODO to approach this for 7.4, but I'll be happy to
focus on other things if you'd like to take this on. The connectby() function
in contrib/tablefunc could be a good starting point for you.

Joe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: