Re: uncommited question

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: uncommited question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10 Aug 2002, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-08-10 at 05:03, scott.marlowe wrote:
>

> > Hopefully that explains the difference well enough.
>
> Yeah, I thought postgresql had by default the auto-commit thing?  Is it
> a config setup somewhere?

Postgresql is in autocommit mode until you initiate a transaction with a
begin statement.

I.e. when you enter the psql monitor, and type in:

update table set field1='something' where id=45;

Postgresql internally wraps the update in the equivalent of a begin;end;
pair.

There was some talk of making psql run in a kind of auto-transact mode,
where it would throw a begin; when you started it up, and another when you
did a commit or rollback.  I haven't seen any work done on it though.  I
kinda prefer the way postgresql does it, but can understand the
advantages to the way Oracle et. al. do it.

Сообщение: Re: oid's and primary keys on insert
Сообщение: Re: oid's and primary keys on insert