Re: Further open item (Was: Status of 7.2)

От Tille, Andreas
Тема Re: Further open item (Was: Status of 7.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> We are always willing to discuss changes that improve performance,
> reliability, standards compliance, etc.  However, "MS SQL does it, and MS
> SQL is fast" is not sufficient proof that a feature would improve average
> performance in PostgreSQL.  This issue has been brought up with similarly
> unsatisfactory arguments in the past, so you should be able to find out
> about the discussion in the archives.
Sorry, I do not see any favour for PostgreSQL if we want people who
consider switching to PostgreSQL to search the archive for useful information.
Just stating the issues and principles clearly could convince people.
If not PostgreSQL is faster removed from the list of available
alternatives of database servers than a web browser is fired up.

Kind regards
       Andreas.

От: "Tille, Andreas"
Сообщение: Re: Further open item (Was: Status of 7.2)
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: OCTET_LENGTH is wrong